- I have learned that longevity in marriage can indeed be a reality.
- I have learned that faith is more important than money.
- I have learned that you can raise three kids on the earnings of a farmer, though I'm really not sure how they did it. We certainly never went hungry nor lacked for any of the important things in life.
- I have learned that marriage is not easy but is a covenant to be taken seriously. It can be trying at times, but that is no excuse to jump ship the first time things get rough. A good marriage is worth fighting for.
- I have learned that praying with your kids before bed is an investment that will bring returns many times over when your grandchildren are being raised.
- I have learned that you hold tight to your faith in God even when life deals you the most difficult blow you could ever imagine.
- I have learned that faith in God is something you never abandon, even if you don't have answers to the hard questions of life.
- I have learned that though it is an adjustment and a different way of living, life together as "empty-nesters" holds lots of fun and adventure.
Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad. I love you both.