Monday, January 22, 2007

Another Confirmation

In my initial post, I mentioned how God kept confirming that He wanted me to do this blog. Well, when I was setting it up last night and typing in my profile information, I almost left out the "princess of the King of kings" thinking some might think it cheesy or dumb if they didn't "get it." But I've listened to some speakers recently that have talked about how all of "us girls" who are a child of God are indeed "princesses." And who of us doesn't like to think of herself as a princess? (By the way, Sheila Walsh and Beth Moore both have written wonderful children's books about being a princess and the daughter of the King of kings, and I plan to read them often to my Hannah as she gets bigger. I highly recommend them if you have a little girl!) So, this morning, my son Benjamin gets up, and I ask him, as I do almost every morning "How's my boy?" He quickly says he's not a boy; he's a football player (he's VERY into football these days). So I correct myself, and he goes on to tell me, "I am a football player, and Hannah's a baby girl, and Mommy, you're a....princess!" He's never called me that, ever (nor has anyone else, for that matter!). I immediately melted, and all I could say was, "Yes, I am."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you! I can't wait to read more!
Salem