Monday, February 5, 2007

"Come to me..."

Do you ever wonder why life has to be so hard sometimes?

I do.

It's so much easier when my day goes as I planned it to. It's so much easier when everything works out my way. It's so much easier when the kids are healthy, this month's paycheck lasts through the whole month, everyone gets along, and the sun is shining outside.

But you know what I've realized? When things are easy, I don't seem to think I need God as much. Or maybe I just forget to take time for Him, because I'm so busy doing things my way. It's when things start to fall apart, or something happens that I can't fix, or I can't find the sunshine for the clouds, or I simply am too tired to do all I need to do, that I have to fall on my knees and cry, "God, I can't do this without you!!"

And you know what I hear in return? "I never intended for you to."

Matthew 11.28 says "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." God reminded me of this verse last night. I need this reminder often. Better yet, read it the way the Message version puts it: "Are you tired? Worn out?...Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me--watch how I do it. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

When I look back at my life, it's the times that seemed the hardest, the times when I wondered if I could really make it through, that my relationship with my Father has grown the most. I can look back and see that my life is so much richer now than it was before those times--not because it's easier, but because I've learned what a real relationship with the Father is all about. That I don't have to do it all by myself and that He is patiently waiting--and waiting--for me to realize that and lay it all down at His feet.

Many things that I face in life are way too big for me.

Nothing that I face in life is too big for Him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen,
I love reading your blog. Today really hit home for me. Love the phrase "Nothing that I face in life is too big for Him." You and your family have a very special place in my heart.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Karen, this was a great verse for me today! I too have grown thru the roughest spots in my life and needed reminded of that today as I struggle through work issues. Love ya! Marci
Give my brother and neice and nephew a hug and kiss for me!

Anonymous said...

https://www2.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=11821242&postID=7049423242424011036

Anonymous said...

Welcome to our website for you World of Warcraft Gold,Wow Gold,Cheap World of Warcraft Gold,cheap wow gold,buy cheap wow gold,real wow gold,sell wow gold, ...wow powerleveling Here wow gold of 1000 gold at $68.99-$80.99 ,World Of Warcraft Gold,buy wow gold,sell world of warcraft gold(wow gold),buy euro gold wow Cheap wow gold,cheapest wow gold store ... buy euro gold wow wow gold--buy cheap wow gold,sell wow gold.wow powerleveling welcome to buy cheap wow gold--cheap, easy, powerleveling wow gold purchasing.World of Warcraft,wow gold Super ...
We can have your wow gold,buy wow gold,wow gold game,world of warcraft gold, wow Gold Cheap wow, Cheap wow gold,world of warcraft gold deal,Cheap WOW Gold ...

Welcome to our website for you World of Warcraft Gold,Wow Gold,Cheap World of Warcraft Gold,wow gold,buy cheap wow gold,real wow gold,sell wow gold, ...
Here wow gold of 1000 gold at $68.99-$80.99,powerleveling World Of Warcraft Gold,buy wow gold,sell world of warcraft gold(wow gold),buy gold wow lightninghoof instock Cheap wow gold,cheapest wow gold store ...
wow gold--buy cheap wow gold,sell wow gold.welcome to buy cheap wow gold--cheap, easy, wow gold purchasing.World of Warcraft,wow gold Super ...
Wow gold- Gold for buy gold wow lightninghoof instock EU-Server: ...wow Gold EU: starting from 84,99?; 3000 WoW Gold EU: starting from 119,99?. wow Gold- Leveling Services: ...
We can have your wow Gold,buy wow Gold,wow Gold game,wow gold, Cheap wow Gold, Cheap World of Warcraft Gold,world of warcraft gold deal,buy cheap wow gold,Cheap WOW Gold ...

Here wow Gold of 1000 gold at $68.99-$80.99,World Of Warcraft Gold,buy wow Gold,sell world of warcraft gold(wow gold),Cheap wow gold,cheapest World of Warcraft Gold store