Here are the rules: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules. At the end of your blog, you need to tag 8 people and post their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged and to read your blog.
So, here are eight random facts about me:
- My husband and I recently celebrated our 7th anniversary. Mark is the love of my life, and I am so blest that God chose me to be his wife! He loves the Lord, loves me, and loves our kids. Besides being a terrific husband, he's a fantastic daddy! Some of the fabulous things he does includes playing with the kids every evening when he gets home; washing the sheets every Friday; ironing his own clothes (he used to iron mine, too, until kids came along--I guess he decided if he did mine, he'd have to do theirs, too, and that would be a bit much!); always takes the trash out (in 7 years, I don't think I've EVER had to ask him to take out the trash!); and unloads the dishwasher as often, if not more often, than I do. (BTW, don't tell him I told you guys this--he might think it's his little secret!!) But I digress...this was supposed to be about ME!
- Being a wife and mommy is a dream come true for me. For as long as I can remember, when someone would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up, no matter what I actually told them, my heart ALWAYS said, "I want to be a wife and mommy."
- I am 6' 1". Being tall has its advantages and its disadvantages. Growing up, my mom never needed a ladder to get dishes down from the top shelf or to change a light bulb--she just called me! As a teenager, I always said the two disadvantages to being tall were finding a boyfriend taller than me (which I rarely did) and finding pants that were long enough. Now that I'm married, I don't have to worry about the boyfriend thing--just the pants. That's why I LOVE capris!
- One of my biggest pet peeves is someone leaving a stinky, sour dishrag in my kitchen sink. This really makes me crazy!
- Another of my pet peeves is when someone does not return their shopping cart to the "shopping cart corral" in the parking lot of stores. I know that there are exceptions, but for the most part, I see this as just being lazy. I don't know very many people who get the exercise they need each day (including myself!), so a few extra steps to put the shopping cart where it belongs is not going to kill anyone! Again, this makes me really crazy! OK, I'll step down from my soap box now.
- The past couple of weeks, I've finally gotten back into a good routine with my morning quiet time, and I'm loving it! I get up at 6:30 am, which is about an hour before everyone else, fix a cup of hot tea while listening to praise and worship on my iPod (one of the greatest inventions ever!), light my candle, and watch the sun rise as I read my Bible and say good morning to my Father. A fabulous way to start the day!
- I have a funny little habit of having to put lotion on my feet every night before going to sleep. I keep my lotion in my nightstand drawer and "grease my feet" as Mark calls it, before I turn out my light. I never thought much about this, but Mark thought it was quite quirky when we got married. He loves to give me grief about it!
- Last but not least, I get to go on a date with my husband tonight--complete with a real babysitter and everything! I'm so excited!! Our plans are to eat at Outback (Mark's choice), then go shopping so I can spend the gift certificates that I got for Mother's Day. Oh, back to #1: Mark doesn't mind shopping with me, and he has good taste! What more can I say!!
OK, I'm not sure that I have 8 bloggers to tag, but I will tag these (if you are reading this and you did not get tagged by me, by all means go for it--the more, the merrier! Just leave me a comment that you participated, and I'll link to your post!):
Deidre at "For Such a Time as This"
Rhonda at "A Mother's Heart"
Kim at "Lifesong"
Stacey at "A Measure of Grace"
I'm off to get ready for my date with Prince Charming! Have a great weekend!