But what I didn't expect to happen was that the moms had as much trouble or even more than the girls in coming up with five things that they liked about themselves. I heard comments such as, "I can't think of five things I like about me. Why couldn't you have asked us to come up with just two or three?" I was reminded that this is not just an issue for pre-teen and teenage girls--that we as adult women struggle sometimes in realizing the value and worth that we have, especially in the eyes of our Creator. So I'm going to share with you some of what I shared with these girls and their moms, and I hope that you are reminded just how precious you are in His sight!
Here are some things God says about YOU in the Word:
- "YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL." You grew up and became a beautiful jewel. Ezekiel 16:7
- "YOU ARE HONORED." You are precious to me. You are honored, and I love you. Isaiah 43:4
- "YOU ARE TREASURED." The Lord your God has chosen you to be His own special treasure. Deuteronomy 7:6
- "YOU ARE ONE OF A KIND." I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart. Jeremiah 1:5
- "YOU ARE PRECIOUS." The Lord's loved ones are precious to him. Psalm 116:15
- "YOU ARE LOVED." For he loves us with unfailing love. Psalm 117:2
In her book "Do You Think I'm Beautiful?" Angela Thomas writes this:
The King of Kings is our Daddy, and, girls, that makes us Princesses! Don't let anyone or anything tell you differently. So grab your tiara and get ready to dance the night away in the arms of your Daddy.
“The God who slung the stars across the heavens…that God, the King, has always been taken with you. You have been noticed. He thinks you’re beautiful, the glass slipper fits, the music is playing, and He’s asking you to dance.”
He's waiting just for YOU.