Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Just Stuff

I've spent quite a bit of time AWOL lately in blogland, and I so appreciate those of you who have said you missed me! It's nice to be missed! I thought I'd just mention some random thoughts and stories about what we've been up to:
  • Our kids started back to Children's Day Out at our church at the same time that school began. They go on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 am until 2:30pm. They LOVE going, have such fun in a wonderful, Christian environment, and it gives me some much-needed time to do my stuff! Oh, and it gives Mark and me the chance to have lunch dates, too! Needless to say, we're all happy!

  • I got a new haircut last week. That's a news flash, huh? Actually, for me, it is because I've never been very "brave" or exciting with my haircuts, and this time, I was actually a little of both! Maybe I'll get even more brave and post a picture soon!

  • We went to our first football game of the season this past Saturday. The kids were beyond excited! It was very fun for us all. The only drawback was that it was at an unusual time--it started at 1pm in the afternoon. So it was pretty hot and the sun was blazing! I try to be very diligent with sunscreen, but I missed a couple of places--like the tops of my feet! I was wearing my favorite croc flip flops and now have red feet! I don't know if I've ever sunburned the tops of my feet before! Yikes!!
  • A few weeks ago, we made our first trip to the emergency room. I had just been thinking a few days earlier how lucky we were that we had not had either of the kids in the emergency room yet! Hannah, our two year old, got her finger smashed in one of our doors here at the house--and it was me closing the door! Needless to say, my broken heart needed about as much mending as her not-broken (thank goodness) finger. And only God can bring worship into a trip to the emergency room. While we were waiting (and waiting, and waiting) in our little cubicle for the doctor to come see Hannah, she wanted to lay down on the bed and wanted me to lay down beside her. So we were just laying there talking, and she began to sing, "God is good, all the time, through the darkest night, His light will shine, God is good..." Doesn't God just have the sweetest way of working through our kids to touch our hearts just where we need it most?

Have a fabulous, blessed day!

3 comments:

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Thank you Karen, for all of your kind words on my blog and on Ashley's. Kindness like yours is such a support when things get so sticky!

Stacey said...

Yes, it is SO good to hear an update! When it comes to the way I read my blogs, I have you in my "morning coffee group" which is a group of gals that I have become close to with emailing & such. I am thrilled to see an update this morning!

Hugs to you!

Bev said...

I still remember several times when our son smashed his finger in doors - cars, store fronts, etc. I swear it hurt me as much as it did him. I think we paid for a wing of that emergency room. How sweet that your little one broke out in singing, something likely lacking there most of the time. xoxoox