Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas Memories

I just wanted to share a few pictures with you from our Christmas holidays. We had such a good time! Our kids are at really fun ages right now (but I guess all ages are fun, right?), and I've discovered that Christmas just gets more fun each and every year! (I have more pictures that haven't made it from my camera to the computer yet, so maybe I'll post some more later.)
This picture was taken after the Children's Program at our church. Both of the kids participated, and Mark also had a part, so I got to: 1) be the official filmer; 2) give directions to stand up or stand still or sing or be quiet in the best nonchalant Mom sign language I could; and 3) continue to film even when I wanted to crawl under the pew when Hannah stood center stage to sing the final song of the program (as opposed to being back with the rest of the choir, where she was supposed to be!)

The kids probably get weary of Mommy and her camera during the holidays. There are so many photo opportunities, and I just can't pass them by! So some of my pictures include squirmy little angels!

This was right after our Christmas Eve service--the first one (6pm), that is. Our church also has an 11pm service with communion, so it is usually well after midnight before Mark is home on Christmas Eve (I guess that is officially Christmas Day). Fortunately Santa was already taken care of by the time he got home around 12:30 am--not too much assembly required for this year's Santa goodies (unlike a few years in the past!), so I was able to take care of it myself, with some help from my mom.

Nothing warms my heart more than a good picture with my kids and/or Mark. And this one will go down as one of my very favorites! A few months before Christmas, I found these cute snowman sweaters for Hannah and me to wear--our first "matching" outfit. I could hardly wait! I can remember as a girl seeing other moms and daughters dressed in precious matching outfits at Christmas Eve services and dreaming of the day that my daughter and I would dress alike. That day has finally come.

God is so good. We are so blest in so many ways.

3 comments:

Leigh said...

Beautiful pictures...and I LOVE the sweaters!

His Doorkeeper said...

You and your family are the sweetest looking family! I know you had a wonderful time together and I hope all these wonderful pictures will bring you lots of good memories in the future. You and your daughter wearing matching sweaters is just priceless! Happy new Year to you and your family! Blessings!

Deidre said...

Oh, I just love those sweaters! So cute. These are beautiful pictures, Karen.