Friday, March 7, 2008

I'm Still Here!

I have not completely fallen off the face of the earth, though it would appear that way by looking at my blog lately! Obviously, blogging has not been at the top of my priority list as of late, but I have missed it and am working to find its place in my schedule.

I have spent a lot of time and prayer lately figuring out exactly where my time needs to be spent. I know that is a hard thing for many women, and I am no different. There are so many things out there that beg for our time: husband, kids, other family, friends, church, housework, other work--and that's just the beginning and doesn't include anything that is set aside as "fun time" for ourselves. And it's not just "what" gets our time, but then you have to decide "how much" time that "whatever" gets.

One change that I am giving a try as of today is making my "sabbath" day on Friday. I've really tried hard the past few years to honor the Sabbath as God calls us to do, but I've also learned that He doesn't specify that it absolutely must be on Sunday. Sundays are often far from relaxing at our house, simply because for Mark, by nature of being a pastor, Sunday is a work day. Friday is his day off, so I've decided to make it my day off as well--to relax more, do the fun things that I usually don't allow myself to do during the week, and simply to focus on enjoying this life God has given me.

So my plan is to include blogging in my fun, relaxing activities for Friday. I'll keep you "posted" (ha--no pun intended!) on how it goes.

Life continues to happen around here, meaning both the good and the bad. But I feel much better equipped to handle it all on a more even keel due to the growth and change I've experienced over the past several months. God is good, and always works all things together for good. Thankfully so, or else some health and other "life" issues with my family (the family outside of my home) probably would have done me in.

Can some new photos make up for my recent extended absence? I'll give it a try...

Sunday Morning Finery


Sleeping Beauty


The Handsome Prince

Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Hi Karen - it's always good to have a fresh plan. And I love the photos of your kiddos!

Stacey said...

Great to hear from you Karen!

I like the idea of you taking your Sabbath on the same day as your husband. I find when my DH is home he wants to sit and have coffee and read together - in the middle of the day! That is so foreign to me!! So I try to allow myself to do it with him and savour those moments!

Hope you can do the same.

His Doorkeeper said...

So good to see you again! Only a pastor's wife could know about how Sunday is a real work day!! My husband is like a lion in a cage walking back and forth, waiting to be let go and preach the Word! It is not a "rest" day by a longshot...for him or me!

Your children are just beautiful! Praying for a wonderful Easter Day for all of you!