Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Out of the Blue

I'm determined to write SOMETHING! It's been over two months since I've been here--phooey! I love keeping up with my blog, but it seems like keeping up with everything else has been consuming my time as of late! I guess I need to SCHEDULE blogging into my life; otherwise, it may not happen! This will be a quickie, but maybe I can get back into things soon!

This week has been an overwhelming reminder of how quickly time flies, especially with these two precious bundles of energy called Benjamin and Hannah! This was their last week at their Children's Day Out program, and Tuesday they had their end of year program and the first ever preschool graduation. Benjamin, being in the 4 yr old class, was a part of the graduation, complete with little caps and gowns and everything! Seeing this little man of mine in a cap and gown was almost more than I could handle. He was so handsome, did everything he was supposed to do perfectly, and just made me so stinking proud! There were lots of tears involved with the program and graduation, but fortunately I could hide behind the video camera!

Not to be left out, Hannah was wonderful as well. Prior to the graduation part of the program, the 2, 3, & 4 year old classes sang several cute songs, and Hannah performed as any other stage queen would! She loves to be front and center when up on stage, and she does not disappoint! She sings and dances with the best of them. Her personality is bigger than life sometimes and never fails to make me laugh. Okay, well, sometimes it fails to make me laugh and instead makes me want to scream. But it's at those times that I tell myself that these character traits will serve her well one day.

I'm a single mom this week, with Mark out of town for a church conference, so this out-of-the-blue post must come to an end. I have two kiddos in the backyard, still in swimsuits, that need a bath so I can put them to bed...so I can go to bed! I'm tired! It's weeks like this that my respect for single parents goes up tremendously.

I hope to be back soon and can hopefully post some pictures of the big end of school program and graduation! Until then...

2 comments:

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Hi Karen, it is so good to see a post from you! I've missed your graceful take on all the sweet stuff I too am going through. I cried behind my camera at graduation also! I pray things go smoothly for you until you get your hubby back. :-)

Bev said...

I'm right there with you, single parenting even for a week is tough, what it must be like 365 days a year I cant imagine. It's always nice to see you found time for us to hear from you, and I LOVE your new template! oxoxxo Bev