Friday, December 12, 2008

The Polar Express

We made a trek Wednesday night to take a ride on the Polar Express with Granny Sue. As may be obvious, it was a train ride based on the movie. This was the first year for this event to happen, and we really didn't know what to expect. The train was three passenger cars long, with an engine on both ends--one to pull us to the "North Pole" and one to pull us back home. On the way to the "North Pole", they played a recording of the Polar Express storybook and served cookies and hot chocolate. When we arrived at the "North Pole", Santa and his elves boarded the train to ride back with us and make the rounds visiting with the kids and giving them each a bell of their own.

Here are some pictures from our fun evening:

As you can see, pajamas were the "dress code" for the Polar Express!




I love that smile on his face as he told Santa's elf that he wanted a scooter for Christmas (whew! I'm glad he didn't say something totally off the wall that I had not heard up to that point!)!



Benjamin's reaction to Santa and his elves....

And Hannah's reaction to Santa and his elves....she would NOT get her face out of my side the whole time Santa and the elves were on the train. It was not until she saw with her own eyes that they had left the train that she would finally sit up in the seat!


I'm all about making memories this Christmas season....and this was a good one to add to our collection.

4 comments:

kotitemp said...

how fun! I so wanted to take ours, but they were sold out by the time I got around to it! Good to know that it's fun! We'll be doing it next year I hope!

GPaty said...

What a precious trip this was! I hope your holidays continue to be as memorable!
I so enjoyed visiting with you the other night at Britney's. I'm sorry if I talked your ear off....the adult conversation was just so awesome and just so...needed!
Merry Christmas, friend!

Will and Taylor said...

How fun! It looks like y'all had a great time. I love the family picture in the jammies! Thinking of you and wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Bev said...

Karen, I'm not sure where you are in Texas, but Sarah had planned to take their kids to the Polar Express, near their home, and wasnt able to make it. She told me the dress code was pjs, and it all sounded so adorable. Glad to see photos of it - looks like you guys made a special memory.