Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Watermelon Berry Slush

If you are like my kids and me, you LOVE cold things to eat and drink in the summer. I, however, am always looking for healthy cold alternatives to ice cream, Sonic drinks and sugary popscicles. I'd love to sit around and eat homemade ice cream ALL SUMMER, but I know for my kids and me both, I should make healthier choices some of the time!

My mom forwarded me this recipe last week, and it has quickly become a new favorite summertime drink. I don't know its source, but it's so yummy and somewhat healthy, and I wanted to share it with all of you:

Watermelon Berry Slushes

1 cup cubed seeded watermelon
1 cup ginger ale or lemon-lime carbonated beverage
2 Tbsp frozen limeade concentrate (thawed)
1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries

In blener or food processor, process watermelon, carbonated beverage and limeade concentrate until liquefied. Gradually add frozen strawberries, blending until just slushy. Serve immediately.

Yield: 4 servings

ENJOY!!

1 comment:

Bev said...

This sounds fantastic! I have a girly thing to go to Monday evening and think I'll whip up a pitcher of this to take with me. Thanks!