Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

I've been busy today, preparing to leave early tomorrow morning to drive to San Antonio for the funeral of my aunt.  As we were getting the kids ready for bed, I was also telling them goodbye since I will be leaving before they get up in the morning.  That brought out many questions from them about what a funeral was like, and what happens when someone dies, and the like.  By the end of the conversation, I was very teary.  Off Hannah (our four year old) went, and in a minute she was back, with her Bible in tow.  She held it up to me, pointing to the words, as if reading them herself, and said, "Mommy, listen to what the Bible says.  It says, 'Trust God.  If your mommy's aunt dies, believe in God because he will take care of everything.'  See, Mommy.  That's just what my Bible says."

Precious.

Priceless.

Thank you, God, that my babies are "getting it."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She has her Aunt Marci in tears! How precious! Your are already raising a Young Woman of Faith!