Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkins, Pumpkins Everywhere!

I'm 34 years old, and until today had never carved a jack-o-lantern!  Is that crazy or what?? 

That all changed today when the kids and I set out to carve and paint pumpkins.  It all started out as a "we" thing, but when it came time to clean out and carve the pumpkin, it suddenly became a "me" thing!  I still enjoyed the challenge and was pretty pleased with the rookie effort!  Here's some pictures from our fun afternoon:

Benjamin & Hannah's Pumpkins...Before



...and After!


My Sweet Pumpkin Painters!








Jack-o-lantern stencils that you can print online are GREAT!!

All in all, I carved one pumpkin, roasted 3 cups of pumpkin seeds, and put 5 cups of fresh pumpkin in the freezer for some yummy holiday baking!!  Fun afternoon!

No comments: