As I was just sitting at the kitchen bar, writing our appreciation to so many people, an abundance of things flashed through my mind for which I am thankful--and for which deserve a thank you note of their own.
In this Christmas season, there are so many things that you have given me for which I am so grateful. Some of them I often take for granted; others, I thank you for on an almost daily basis. But tonight, I thank you for:
- the gift of your Son. As a mommy, this gift, this sacrifice of yours, is completely beyond my comprehension. I am humbled by your love for me.
- the gift of my husband. The work you began in his life as a young boy, and the work you continue doing through him as a pastor, husband, daddy, and more is amazing. Thank you for choosing me as the privileged one to be his wife.
- the gift of my son. My life-long dream to be a mommy was fulfilled the day he entered this world. The relationship that you have given us is a special one that can never be matched.
- the gift of my daughter. Oh, to get to be a mommy to a little princess is the best. Each day is a new adventure, and she sings and dances her way through my days and brings beautiful rays of sunshine along with her.
- the gift of life. As I watch a friend struggle through an organ transplant and the daily battles that go along with it, I realize just what a gift my good health is--one I don't deserve, but one for which I am so grateful.
- the gift of beauty. You didn't have to make this world be an array of colors, scents, sights, sounds, tastes and more--but you did it because you love beauty, you love creativity, and you love your children.