Saturday, January 23, 2010

Goal Check

We've been rocking along in this new year for about three weeks now, so I figured I better keep up my end of the "accountability" thing and do a little check-in on my goals for the year.  Here goes:

1.  To lose 15 pounds by March 31, 2010:  I haven't done my official weigh in for this week, but to date I'm down 4 pounds.  So far, so good.

2.  To walk 18-20 miles per week:  week one-19 miles;  week two-21 miles; and week three-19 miles.

3.  To read through the Bible by December 31, 2010:  I am up to date on my reading.  I'm loving this--isn't amazing that you can spend your whole life listening to sermons, reading parts of the Bible, doing Bible studies, etc, and still God can show you something you've never seen before in His word?  It's great!!

4.  To finish afghan by February 28, 2010 by doing one row each day:  My afghan is growing by the day!  I haven't always gotten my row done each day, but by the end of each week, I have at least seven new rows added to it.  It's so big now that I can cover up with it while I'm working on it!  I began the afghan very innocently as my first "back to crocheting" project (I learned as a girl, but haven't done it in YEARS!) and had no idea how big it would be.  Even with my long legs and 6' 1" frame, my shoulders and my feet can both be adequately covered at the same time, so I can't wait to get it finished and do some serious snuggling under it!!

5.  To do 30 minutes of personal development reading each day:  I have gotten this in most days.  It hasn't always been 30 minutes at one sitting, but by the end of the day, I've usually  managed it in spurts here and there throughout the day.  Some of my reading has been books that go along with the First Place 4 Health study I'm doing; some has been in parenting or homeschool or homemaking-related magazines; and some has been watching and not reading--Beth Moore on "Life Today" or videos for First Place.

6.  To focus on adding a dose of laughter to each day:  This is the one I'm struggling with the most.  I know I don't laugh nearly enough, and this week I could have exceeded my goal had it been "to add a dose of grumpiness to each day."  It occurred to me that maybe it could be as simple as choosing to laugh more in the day.  Rather than sometimes rolling my eyes at my kids' silliness , maybe I should laugh with them--even be a little silly myself!  I'm still working on this.

Overall, I feel like I'm doing great.  I feel good, I look forward to my 5:30 am alarm (most days, anyway!) to get me to my special chair for my cup of tea and my quiet time, followed by my exercise, and I love checking off my accomplished goals at the end of each day (I have them in my planner so they are always in front of me to see each and every day).

And for a non-goal-related bit of info....I ordered a new sewing machine this week for the first time in my life!  I've never had a new machine ever in my life, and I can't wait for my new one to come in!!  I'm busy dreaming up projects to get to work on as soon as it arrives!  When I click on the "track package" button on Amazon, it says I should be seeing it on my doorstep Tuesday....yippee!! 

No comments: