Thursday, February 25, 2010

Goals, Helps, and the Olympics

Ok, so the Olympics are kicking my tail, and even though I'll miss them, I'm ready for them to end!  I've enjoyed them so much, which means I've stayed up way too late for the past two weeks to watch my favorites (Thank goodness for DVR's--it's the only way to go in my mind!  Watch what you want and fast forward through the rest!), and my 5:30 am alarm comes calling WAAAYY to early!!

The kids and I finished our Olympics unit study this morning.  That has been great fun, too, and has added to my enjoyment of the games.  We've all learned a lot, and I'm so glad I decided to take a break from our "regular" curriculum to do this.  However, I'm ready to get back to our old routine, and I think the kids are, too.  One note to self:  one month is too long for a unit study!  It was pretty much the way it needed to be in light of the topic, but in the future, I think a one-week unit study will be the perfect break from the usual routine.

As for my goals, things are rocking along pretty well.  To date, I've lost 10 pounds since Jan 1st, which I'm really pumped about!  (Need to lose weight?  Or just want to be healthier and live a more balanced life?  I highly recommend "First Place 4 Health" for the best Biblically-based, balanced, healthy-living program there is!  I love it!!)  Five more pounds to go before the end of March, and my weight loss goal will be met, and I'll be shopping for a new Easter dress!  My afghan is also nearing its goal of completion.  I have until Sunday to crochet 7 rows and add the fringe.  I can't wait to snuggle up for a long winter's nap with it!  I'm up to date with my Bible reading and Bible study, and my exercise goals are being met, too (probably the only reason I'm surviving this Olympics-induced sleep deprivation thing!), so I'm pleased. 

NOTE:  No, I don't have it all together.  You could draw a masterpiece in the dust on the coffee table, and the bathrooms are far from spotless.  But I've lived this life long enough to know I will probably NEVER have it ALL together--so I'll celebrate the victories that are there and keep working on the rest of it!

I wanted to share a new find with you.  I came across an ad for it in one of my recent Christian magazines.  And it is endorsed by Dave Ramsey.  Enough said.  Anyway, if you could use some help in the meal planning/grocery shopping area of your life, you might want to check out their program.  For only $5 per month, you have access to weekly meal plans based on your grocery store sales, provided with a complete aisle-by-aisle grocery shopping list.  There are regular meal plans for either a family (serves 4-6 people) or a regular meal plan for 2, and also specialty meal plans like low carb, low fat, points-system and vegetarian.  I decided to give the low-fat meal plan a try for a few months just to check it out and see if it would save me any more money than I already save by couponing.  Plus, having the menu already worked out without me having to spend an hour or more on it is a nice bonus.  I don't have one of their listed stores in my small town, so I use their "any store" menu and shopping list.  I just pull up the list every week and print it out, add the other things I need from the grocery store to the list they've already made for me, and I'm set!  I've used it for two weeks, and my family has been very pleased with all the menus thus far.  They're simple, use "regular" down-to-earth ingredients, and are nutritious, low-fat and good.  If you are interested, just click on the button below and see what you think.

SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH E-MEALZ MEAL PLANS

I guess that's all for now.  If there's anything else I should be writing about, my sleep-deprived mind can't remember what it is.  So I'll be back once the Olympics are over and I've caught back up on my sleep!

No comments: