Friday, July 9, 2010

Happiness

There's not much that makes me happier than when I see this:
I've been seeing this a lot this summer--mismatched pajamas, crazy hair and all!  My kids LOVE to read, and it thrills my soul to see them curled up on the couch reading when they could be doing any number of other summery things.  Whether it's school books, books from their rooms, or their High Five/Highlights magazines that Granny Sue buys for them, they love them all!

I've been busy planning for the upcoming school year, which begins one week from Monday.  The kids and I are both ready.  As they have observed me making preparations, I've heard many times this week, "Mommy, I'm ready for school to start!"

That makes me pretty happy, too!

2 comments:

Salem said...

I hope your first week went well!

Bev said...

Absolutely precious. I was one of those who thought summer went way too long, and couldn't wait to get back to it. My oldest daughter, Sarah was in that camp and now her 8 year old is right there too. Hoping you guys have a great school year coming up!