Tuesday, August 17, 2010

HomeschoolBlogger.com Webinar

I was extremely blessed to be a presenter this afternoon for a webinar hosted by HomeschoolBlogger.com.  For those of you who were a part of the webinar today, here are the scriptures and quotes I used throughout my presentation:

John F. Kennedy:  "There are risks and costs to a program of action, but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable in-action."

Psalm 33.11:  "But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations."

Proverbs 19.21:  "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."

Proverbs 16.3:  "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

Kathy Peel (Desperate Households):  "If you knew you had only a year to live, how would you spend your time and what would you change about the way you run your home and life?"

Proverbs 13.4:  "The sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied."

Ralph Waldo Emerson:  "Finish every day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day."

Colossians 3.23:  "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."

2 Timothy 1.7:  "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."

Henri J.M. Nouwen:  "We move through life in such a distracted way that we do not even take the time and rest to wonder if any of the things we think, say or do are worth thinking, saying or doing."

James 1.5:  "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."

Isaiah 42.16:  "I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth.  These are the things I will do;  I will not forsake them."

As I promised during the presentation, I will also be posting some sample lists of life skills for you to review.  I am also going to go through the chat box script as soon as I can and answer questions that I was not able to answer during the presentation.  Give me a few days, but be sure and check back soon!  Thanks for being a part of today's webinar--it was a joy for me to be a part of it!  Aren't The Old Schoolhouse and the HomschoolBlogger amazing??

No comments: