Thursday, February 24, 2011

"Beauty and the Beast" and Homeschool

One of my favorite parts of homeschool is that I can incorporate the happenings of our life into our schoolwork.  For instance, tonight, we are going to see the Broadway production of "Beauty and the Beast" (can I even tell you how excited I am about this?!?!).  So part of our schedule for school today looks something like this:
  • Read aloud "Beauty and the Beast"
  • Watch clips online of what we can expect of the production
  • Research online and learn about theater etiquette
  • Hannah's handwriting practice: write "Beauty and the Beast", "Belle" and "Gaston" while reviewing the use of capital letters in names and titles
  • Benjamin's writing assignment:  write a paragraph about theater etiquette
  • Beauty and the Beast activity sheets and coloring pages (isn't the Internet a wonderful tool?)
I thank God everyday for calling our family to homeschool, and days like today, where we incorporate "life" into our schoolwork make me all the more thankful.  It's so much fun!!

No comments: