Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Hole in Our Gospel

Today, our church is embarking on a six-week quest to study "The Hole in Our Gospel" by Richard Stearns, the President of World Vision.  I am so excited about this study and have been praying for weeks for all that God is planning for our church.  It is my prayer that we will all be open to what God wants us to hear during the next six weeks AND that we will be willing to change as a result.

I first read this book after receiving it back in the Fall at a Women of Faith Conference.  I signed up at the conference to sponsor a child through World Vision and was given a copy of this book.  I brought it home, immediately began reading it, and soon my life was changed.  I am so looking forward to reading it again while going through the small group study with my Sunday School class and working my way through the Personal Action Journal that accompanies this church study.

I have decided to share some of my experiences on this journey here on my blog.  Some posts may be on a sentence or two from the book that really spoke to my heart that day.  Or I may share with you about the "Action" suggestion that was given for that particular day (I know for a fact that I will be stretched through those Action suggestions--I've look ahead and read some of them!).  No matter what I feel led to share here about how God is working in my life, I hope and pray that God will use it for His glory, however He sees fit.

I'm putting on my seat belt because I have a feeling I'm in for a wild ride!!

No comments: