Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Hole in Our Gospel: Day 10

A few quotes from today's reading that might give you some food for thought, as they did me:
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."  --C.S. Lewis
"Christ is an all-or-nothing proposition, and one way or another, every one of us has already made a choice about Him.  We have either committed our lives to Him whole-heartedly, or we have not...If Christ is Lord, then nothing He asked us to do is optional.  His teachings become the operating system of our lives.  So central was this truth that every action, every decision, every aspect of my life would now have to be defined by Him."  --Richard Stearns, "The Hole in Our Gospel" pg. 83

No comments: