Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Hole in Our Gospel: Day 24

The quest continues!  The challenge for yesterday was to select one or more items you can easily live without and sell it (or them) on eBay.  Then the money you earn can be sent to a favorite charity.  After a little thought, I ended up at my jewelry box.  If you know me, I have lots of jewelry and LOVE it all!  But after a little pondering, I realized there were many pieces that I have not worn in a really long time--years for some of it.  I went through everything and found about 20 pieces of jewelry that I could stand to part with.  I posted it on eBay, and we'll see what happens from here!

Not coincidentally, in yesterday's mail, I got an envelope from World Vision.  Inside of it was a birthday card for me to sign and return to them so that they could send it to the little girl I sponsor in Honduras (who happens to share my birthday!  :o)  Also included with the card was a note explaining that I could send a designated amount of money along with the card, and they would use that money, combined with contributions from other sponsors, to throw a birthday party for my little girl and the children in her community.  Many children in poverty have never celebrated their birthday.  Can you imagine if you were never able to celebrate the birthday of one of your children??  I can't.  But I can try to imagine how much joy it would bring for my little girl and those in her community to get to experience a real birthday party, complete with goodies and gifts.

So guess where my eBay money is going to go??  I'm praying for big sales!!

No comments: