Friday, March 25, 2011

The Hole in Our Gospel: Day 26

I have to admit from the start of this post that I am getting a little weary.  We are in Day 26 of this quest through "The Hole in Our Gospel," and I am in week 9 of Beth Moore's "Believing God" Bible study that I am leading on Sunday afternoons.  These could either one be time consuming on their own, so when you add them together...whew!  I've really had to stay on my toes to keep up with them both, but oh, how it has been worth it!!  God has wowed me throughout them both, often intertwining scriptures used and lessons taught so that I get it from both directions!  Only God could take two studies that are so different from each other and orchestrate them to be in my hands at the same time, teaching me similar lessons from two very different angles.  I love it when He does that!  It really makes me perk up my listening ears, too, to get the same message from so many different places!  Yes, God, I AM listening!!

So...I press on, believing that God, in His all-knowing ways, has a plan.  And I don't want to miss it!!

I have to update you on my eBay auctions that are raising money for me to send to Honduras for a birthday party for my World Vision little girl.  The auctions are exactly at the halfway point.  There are three and a half days left in the three auctions, and the bids are currently at exactly half of what my goal is to raise!!  I've done some little happy dances these past few days as I've watched the bids go higher and higher!  I can't wait to see the final bids Monday afternoon!!

Today's focus in our six-week quest is on light--being light in a dark world.  We were challenged to come up with an acronym for LIGHT that describes how God wants us to use our hands, feet, heart and head on behalf of the poor.  Here is what I came up with:
L:  Love them by faith--"The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."  Galatians 5.6 (want to know why that verse was on my mind?  Because it was the key verse for today's lesson in my Beth Moore study!  :o)
I:  Include them in my life.
G:  Give sacrificially to their needs.
H:  Help them with my actions, not just with my money.
T:  Teach them about the love of God.
I have never gone on any kind of mission trip, but that is what was on my mind as I was thinking about this acronym.  I have been thinking and praying about the right opportunity that God might have in store for me.  You can be sure I'll share all about it when that time comes around!

No comments: