Thursday, June 30, 2011

You Just Never Know...

…what God has up His sleeve!  In less than one week’s time, a “double dinner date” with a pastor friend and his wife has turned into an opportunity for me to go to Kenya on a mission trip!!  I have been praying about the possibility of going on some sort of a mission trip for several months now, and God has placed this in my lap, taken care of all the details, resolved a few conflicts, and made it all fall into place in such a short time!!

I will be going with a team from a church near where welive.  We will be gone for almost two weeks.  I have never left my family for that length of time, and I’ve told them that Jesus is the only one who could make me do so!  We will be working with Maua Methodist Hospital and doing some construction projects at the hospital, building a home for a family of AIDS orphans, and conducting a one-day VBS for children in the village.  I know it will be a tremendous opportunity to share the love of Jesus with those who have needs beyond my imagination.  My heart is already broken for the needs that we will see, and I know this is just the beginning.  (I’m prepared to just cry my way through the next 6 weeks!)

Please pray for us as we prepare for what is certain to be a grand adventure!!

No comments: